The Generalate, Rome

Mother General

Sr Tessie Bezzina

This house was founded in September 1962 and acquired to give a decent locality to our “Curia Generalizia” which was transferred here from Piazza Mastai, to allow place for meetings and conventions on a Congregational level. An Infant school was run here for 20 years. At present the Sisters give their service at “Prayer Groups” and other groups of a spiritual and cultural sort.

In 1984 a second house adjacent to the Generalate was bought and made to serve as a House of International Formation for sisters. The sisters spend a year or more in this group where they share experiences of different cultures and learn more about the roots of the Congregation.

In 1985 a “Third House” was acquired. It is an annexe to both the House of International Formation and the Generalate. This was duly furbished as a “Holiday House” offering ‘Bed and Breakfast’ to people who wish to relax in a quiet environment during their short stay in Rome either for health, study, work, cultural or religious reasons.

Address

Casa Generalizia “Madre del Buon Consiglio”
Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Via Nomentana, 514
00141 Roma

The Mother House, Frosinone

8. Casa Madre - S. AGOSTINO - FROSINONEThe first House at Frosinone is the Mother House, founded in 1827. It remained the only house of the Congregation for the first few years until the Sisters spread out to two other houses in Frosinone and later to Rome. The Mother House was bombed down in the Second World War and later rebuilt. The Apostolate until that time was both academic and spiritual. The school catered for all classes of society and religious instruction was imparted to both children and adults. Retreats were organised as well as classes of embroidery for girls. When the War was over the same Apostolate was resumed. A school for girls is found here presently and the sisters help in the parish as well as render spiritual service to children and their parents by their Religious instructions.

Address

Casa “S. Agostino”
Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Via Cavour, 37
03100 Frosinone

Maltese Province

Mother Provincial

Sr Rachel Ann Frendo

The Provincial House

20. Provincial House, MaltaThe Provincial House, inaugurated on January 8th, 1967 at B’Kara is quite close to our other previously built house. This was a gift of God’s Providence.
It was a generous donation made to our Congregation by the generous couple Mr and Mrs Bonavia. It accommodates the Provincial Curia and a community of sisters.

Address

Provincial House
208, Fleur-de-Lys Rd.
B’Kara BKR 9068
Malta

B’Kara

SONY DSCThe Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary first established themselves at Mannarino Road B’Kara on the 16th November 1950. The Sisters served in St. Monica School which they ran and, in addition, they directed the Junior Presidium of the Legion of Mary ”Mater Purissima” and the Congregation of “The Pages of the Blessed Sacrament” for girls and “The Sodality of Mary” for young woman. By November 1962, the Community was transferred to the new premises at Fleur-de-Lys, where it is to this present day.

The school caters for girls from Grade 1 (Infants) to Form 5 (Secondary). The main Apostolate of the Sisters is in the field of Education. In addition some sisters help by giving Catechism lessons, visiting the inmates of “Suriet il-Bniedem” for Social Work and directing a Prayer Group. Other forms of Apostolate, now, are a “Vocation Centre” for girls 11 years onwards, while Formation Activities like Retreats for both parents and students and “Live-Ins” for the older students are also organised

Address

Augustinian Sisters Servants of Jesus and Mary
St. Monica School Convent
4, 1st of May Street
B’Kara BKR 1900
Malta

Għajnsielem

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAThe Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary established themselves in Gozo on 29th September 1946, first at Ħamri Street. Their Apostolate consisted in the education of children, sewing and cutting out classes for girls and they also ran a music school. In addition they directed the Sodality of Mary and that of “The Pages of the Blessed Sacrament”, gave Religious Instruction and taught singing. For some years they also cared for the orphan boys of St. Joseph’s Institute. 1st September 1971 saw the Sisters transferred to this Oratory until their actual convent was completely constructed by 1978. In the new convent “Teresa Spinelli”, the Sisters serve the people by welcoming religious and lay who wish to spend days in retreat or spend their holidays in a quiet environment.

Address

Augustinian Sisters
Servants of Jesus and Mary,
Retreat House “Teresa Spinelli”,
11, Gleneagles Street,
Għajnsielem GSM 1080
Gozo, Malta

Gżira

23. GziraFounded in February 1937 at Ponsonby Street, Gzira, a thickly populated part of Malta and very near to Sliema, it stood in a very important position, very close to Marsamxett Harbour, where the English Fleet used to anchor, protected, as it was, by the Island Fortress of Fort Manoel. As the Town received people of different nationalities, the site provided a vast field of Apostolate. This was the reason why the Augustinian Fathers made several demands on our Major Superiors to open a house in the area. The house was solemnly inaugurated on March 7th 1937, run by a Community of 8 Sisters.

On April 30th, 1951, the Community was transferred to St Albert Street. June 11th 1977 saw the Consecration of the Altar by his Excellency the Archbishop of Malta, Mons. Michael Gonzi. A big unused Chapel found near the nun’s convent, was entrusted to the Sisters’ care and they opened it to the public. The Sisters ran an Infant, Junior and Secondary Academic School. The Junior Section was opened to both boys and girls. In addition they had a Music School. Other forms of Apostolate were: a special association for girls known as “The Little Pages of the Blessed Sacrament, The Sodality of Mary for Young Women, The Catholic Action for Youth and Adults, The Legion of Mary for Young and Adults and the Prayer Group for all. Once more the Sisters were forced to give up the care of the Public Chapel, Convent and School and move to new premises, as the Academic School demanded bigger premises. So in the year 1994 some Sisters of the Community began to live in the new premises, at Maria Teresa Spinelli Street, adjacent to the National Pool, till the construction of the school was ready. Finally the new School, “St Monica” was declared open by his Excellency the President of Malta Prof. Guido Demarco and blessed by his Excellency Archbishop of Malta Mons. Joseph Mercieca on December
5th 2000. Now the School caters for Infants, Juniors and Seniors.

Other forms of Apostolate, now, are a “Vocation Centre” for girls 11 years onwards, while Formation Activities like Retreats for both parents and students and “Live-Ins” for the older students are also organised. There is also a Music School for the pupils who wish to improve their musical talents.

Address

Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary
Maria Teresa Spinelli Street
Gżira GZR1713
Malta

Mosta

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe first house in Mosta was founded on October 14, 1928, after a request by the then Archpriest Fr Paul Mallia to set up religion classes for boys under 10 years of age. The house was donated to the Congregation by Fr Felix Calleja. Meanwhile the Sisters carried out parish work such as cleaning, mending and sewing sacred vestments as well as ironing and starching the Altar linen. They won admiration for their diligence and efficiency. Later on, as an Oratory was built for boys, the teaching of catechism was transferred to the Oratory. In addition to this apostolate the Sisters opened a class for infants which gradually developed into an Infants School. When the present house at Ponsomby Street was built, the school flourished into an elementary and secondary school with music and drama as a means of apostolate in promoting evangelization. St Monica Music School, is well known, while the St Monica Choir is renowned for its accomplishments both in Malta and overseas.

Address

Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary
Ponsomby Street
Mosta MST 4033
Malta

Qormi

26. QormiThis is the first House that was founded by the Congregation in Malta, on August 6, 1894. The school was inaugurated on October 10 of the same year. A new wing added to accommodate Boarders started operating in September 1895. A school of Cutting Out, Needle work and Embroidery was also established. In time the Boarders gave way to the setting up of a Juniorate. For many years the Sisters at Qormi ran a Junior Academic School as well as a Music School. They also helped the Parish with their secretarial and Pastoral Work, the latter including the service given through Catechism classes and by having their House Chapel open to the public. On September 19, 2001, the House, once again, welcomed the young sisters who were in their Juniorate years. Today the initial formation offered to our young Maltese religious can be found here in three stages: the Aspirancy and Postulancy; the Novitiate as well as the Juniorate.

Address

Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary
183, St Bartholomew Street
Qormi QRM 2180
Malta

St Paul’s Bay

SONY DSCFounded on December 2nd 1976, this is the residence of a small Community of five Sisters. Their Apostolate consists in taking active part in the daily Liturgy in the Parish and teaching Catechism. Whenever necessary, the Sisters also accomodate a Charismatic group of prayer. Being situated in a seaside resort, the Community accomodates those Sisters who occasionally go there for their Summer Holidays.

Address

Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary
14, Church Street,
St Paul’s Bay SPB 3251
Malta

St Paul’s Bay, Summer House

Quite close to the convent in St Paul’s Bay is a Summer House. Besides serving the Sisters as a much needed Summer House, this house has been refurbished to accommodate students, Staff and Sisters for Religious and Cultural purposes as well as periods of recreation and relaxation in community. Students come here for live-ins and spiritual activities.

Address

Augustinian Sisters
Servants of Jesus and Mary
“Tabona House”
St Paul’s Street
St Paul’s Bay
Malta

Mellieħa, Għajn Żejtuna

29. Mellieha - Ghajn ZejtunaIn Malta, at Mellieħa Bay, a sea-side resort, the Summer House has been newly reconstructed and refurbished to serve not only the Sisters for their Summer Holidays but it can also accommodate our students and the Staff of our Schools for Seminars, Conferences and “Sit Ins”. Occasionally it is also opened to students and staff alike for days of recreation and relaxation. The sisters also make use of this house for their annual retreats.

Address

Augustinian Sisters
Servants of Jesus and Mary
“Villino San Giuseppe”
Triq it-Trill
Mellieħa MLH 4220

Australia: North Sunshine & Avondale Heights

The convent in North Sunshine was the first to open in Australia. It was opened in February 1957. In the first years, the sisters’ main focus was education. Until recently (2010) the sisters were responsible for the administration of the Parish school, St Bernadette’s. The apostolate in Australia, both in North Sunshine and Avondale Heights (opened, 1986), has grown to include: Parish visitation, School Liaison, Religious Education co-ordination, Hospital chaplaincy, Communion ministry to the house bound, the hospitalized and the elderly. In addition, the sisters work to support the newly arrived and the not so newly arrived in Australia. This latter apostolate can take many forms: shopping, advocacy and representation on behalf of non-speaking parishioners and much more. Moreover, the sisters seek out ways to promote religious vocations and missionary support awareness.

Address

Augustinian Sisters
Servants of Jesus and Mary
59A, Westmoreland Road
North Sunshine
Vic. 3020-Melbourne
Australia


Augustinian Sisters
Servants of Jesus and Mary
2, Venice Court
Avondale Heights
Vic. 3034-Melbourne
Australia

Nova Londrina

31. Nova LondrinaThe first community in this locality was formed on 28th March 1990. The sisters lived in a house owned by the diocese. The present House of Formation was founded on March 8th 1997. Formation is given to Aspirants and Postulants. A Nursery is found here in order to look after little children. The Sisters here direct Pastoral Service in the Parish of Pranchita. The work consists of directing Prayer Groups, Pastoral Work for Vocations, Parish Liturgy, Pastoral Work on Family Radio, Evangelization, Distribution of the Eucharist, Catechism classes and seeing to the various needs and problems of the people by Counselling and home visits.

A sister provides psychological help to people who look for this kind of help. She visits a rehabilitation centre along with another sister who helps in catechism classes, liturgy and Biblical instruction at CERTA (Centro de Recuperação de Toxicômanos e Alcoólatras; Centre for the Rehabilitation of Drug addicts and Alcoholics). (see Web www.agostinianas.org)

Address

Irmãs Agostinianas Servas de Jesus e Maria
Casa de Formação M. Teresa Spinelli
Avenida Antonio Ormenezes, 1937
CEP: 87970-000 Nova Londrina ~ PR
Brasil

Paranaiba

32. ParanaibaThis is a Formation House Founded in September 1975 for the young members of the Congregation, i.e. Postulants, and Juniors. The Sisters run a Kindergarten and a Primary School. They also give Music as well as English Lessons both in the State School and to private pupils. Besides, there is counselling and evangelization of youths and adults by means of prayer groups, seminars and retreats. These are some of the various forms of Religious Formation the Sisters try to impart.

Address

Irmãs Agostinianas Servas de Jesus a Maria.
Casa de Formacao,
Rua Maria Candida, 1375
79500 – 000 Paranaiba – MS
Brasil

São Paolo

33. Sao PauloThis is a small Community of four Sisters whose house was founded in January 1986. They give their service to the Parish and are responsible for various types of Pastoral work, Baptism, Catechesis etc. The Sisters visit families and the sick in the Hospital of this Parish and give them all possible assistance. They also work for Vocations not only in their Parish but also in other Parishes. They are also Ministers of the Word and the Eucharist. They accompany the Priest to the distant widely spread huts where he goes to say Mass and hear confession while they evangelize children, youth and adults, mostly parents of children who attend the Formation Meeting. The pastoral Work of the Parish is divided among the four Sisters: The Pastoral Work of over 300 young boys and girls, including evangelization, preparation for future Careers, private lessons that prepare them for their exams etc. Counselling of youths coming from broken families, drug addicts or those who have just come out of prison, and children of single parents. Helping poor families by distributing clothes, food and medicine.

Address

Irmãs Agostinianas Servas de Jesus e Maria
Comunidade N. Sra. Do Bom Conselho
Rua Roque Soares Medella 120
CEP: 02190-90 Parque Novo Mundo
São Paulo, SP Brasil

Nobres

Digital CameraIn Nobres, a community named after Our Lady of Guadalupe was opened on 13th June 2007. The aim was to help children, especially those who are victims of vices and prostitution, due to their parents’ long hours of work. Sisters give a helping hand in catechism lessons, visiting the elderly, and in celebrating the Liturgy of the Word when no priest is available. The sisters do their best to give a helping hand in whatever they can.

Address

Irmãs Agostinianas Servas de Jesus e Maria
Rua Bahia, 433
CEP 78460-000 Nobres – MT ~ Tel. 0055-6533762862
Brasil

Várzea Grande

35. Varzea GrandeThis community was formed in order to provide formation to the Novices. The Novices moved here from Paranaiba in October 2008 and the house was officially inaugurated on 1st November 2008. The principal aim of this community is the formation of the novices. The second-year-Novices and the professed sisters also serve God through their service with youths, service in the Parish, vocational work, catechism, an spiritual exercises for the lay. In their daily activities they offer their service, their hearts and lives just like Mother Foundress so that all can be saved, and like the Virgin Mary, the servant of the Lord.

Address

Irmãs Agostinianas Servas de Jesus e Maria
Noviciado “Sao Jose”
Rua Nicolau Bussiki, 79
Jardim Paula I
Varzea Grande – MT
Brasil

Tagaytay

36. TagaytayThis House started as a Formation House for Novices on December 29, 1994. Presently, this is a Formation House for Juniors because on May 31, 2005, in the same compound, another house was purchased for the Novices to be cut off from all alienating activities. At first the Apostolate consisted in visiting the poor and the sick in their homes; teaching Catechism to the children in the sisters’ convent and teaching at St Anthony’s Boys’ Village College, which is run by the Rogationists. Presently the work carried out in this house is the Formation of Juniors; giving Communion and sharing God’s word with the sick by going every Sunday from house to house. The Sisters teach Catechism in three Public Schools; education is imparted free of charge to poor children in the compound set up for the purpose and in addition they also work with the poor, visiting them and sharing goods with them. On May 6, 2000 a Retreat House for small groups was started. The Sisters here offer boarding and lodging. This Apostolate helps the Sisters give witness of Christ to all those who go there for an overnight or a two-day retreat. On June 16, 2001 a “Child Caring Institution” for abandoned, neglected and surrendered children, whom the sisters call “Mo.Teresa Spinelli’s Treasures” was set up. This Apostolate was not planned. It all started from the love the Sisters felt for the poor and the suffering and from their urge to help and do something for them. At the time there were only two children, Monica of six months and Teresa, a two year old whom the Sisters kept with them in the Novices’ dormitory. But when the number of children increased, the need for building a house for the purpose was greatly felt. So, March 27, 2004 saw the opening of the house which was much needed. This is found in the same compound. The Sisters are committed to these children in a maternal way, 24 hours a day. At present there are 26 babies and children. The house is already too small for them! A REALLY BIGGER house is of paramount importance, to continue giving this indispensable help to these Mo. Teresa Spinelli’s Treasures, because the demand for sheltering such children is high!

Address

Augustinian Sisters Servants of Jesus and Mary
‘Teresa Spinelli’ Formation House
Kabangaan Road, Iruhin West
4120, Tagaytay City
Philippines

Laguna

37. LagunaThe first house in the Philippines was founded in Chrysanthemum Village, Laguna on the 7th of June 1989. The sisters started teaching in St Augustine College, they gave Catechism Lessons in a poor public school of their Parish, did Parish work and took Holy Communion to the sick in their homes. Presently besides the formation of the aspirants and postulants, the same apostolate is being carried out, the only exception being that instead of teaching at St Augustine College, teaching is carried out in another private school which is run by lay people; the “Our Lady of Assumption” College.

Address

Augustinian Sisters Servants of Jesus and Mary
14, L. Santos Str.
Chrysanthemum Village
San Pedro, Laguna
Philippines

Iloilo

38. Ilo IloIn 1990 a school was opened in Iloilo along with a community of sisters. It catered for the education of pre-school ages with more or less 186 students. In 2002 both the community and the school had to be closed for various practical reasons, and the place was vacated. In 2010, another group of sisters went back to the island and lived in a newly constructed house. In 2011, all paper-work was prepared and the school could be re-opened. This is the main apostolate of the community of Iloilo. By June of the same year, the school already had 40 students in three different levels: Nursery, Kinder and Preparatory. The following school year (2012-2013), the school was granted permission to extend its education to Grades 1 and 2 as well. It had an increase in the number of pupils, amounting to 54. The sisters run the school and teach with the help of a lay teacher.

After school hours, the sisters provide tutorial lessons to those who wish to improve their academic education. Other kinds of apostolate run by the sisters in this community are:

  • catechism in the public school;
  • giving Holy communion to the sick and elderly every Saturday and Sunday;
  • as well as giving Holy communion every Sunday to patients in the government hospital.

Address

Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary
Casa Santa Monica
Block 19, NHA
Dugon C 5000
Mandurriao
Iloilo City
Philippines

London

39. LondonMarch 19th 1967, Feast of St. Joseph, saw the foundation of “St. Monica House” of the Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary in Clapham Road, Vauxhall, and the settlement of a Community of four Maltese Sisters. Their first mission was a Nursery of 10 children and a small Guest House. Some years later the place was enlarged by two other houses to enable the Sisters to give their service in a more efficient Mission. The reconstructed premises were turned into a five-storey building, accommodating a Convent, a Guest House with a capacity of 60 beds and a Nursery for 26 children up to 5 years old which recently had to be closed down. In the meantime the Sisters were living in Upstall Street in Camberwell. Presently the Community consists of 5 sisters with diverse missions and cultures: Maltese, Brazilian and Filipino. Guests in the house are invited to share the Eucharistic Liturgy with the community. A good number of Guests use the accommodation as a means of spiritual renewal and often comment that they were helped by a listening ear. Besides the Guest House, the sisters work directly with the Portuguese and Filipino communities. One Sister also teaches catechism in the Parish. Besides this house, the Sisters also worked in Beulah Hill, Barnet and in Edmonton where they looked after old priests and provided them with the support needed during the vulnerable time of old age.

Address

Augustinian Sisters, Servants of Jesus and Mary
St Monica House
83, Clapham Road
The Oval
London SW9 OHY
UK

Kentucky

40. Kentucky - USAThree Sisters first arrived here on October 5th, 1964 intending to open a Catholic Parish School in Louisiana but Providence helped them start teaching at Louisville in Brandenburg by September 1965. These were three Elementary classes 1a, 2a, and 3a. By 1st December 1965 a 4th Sister joined them and by 1968 two others followed. The convent was completed by 1985 and was inaugurated in January 1983. The Sisters have ever since served the people of God in Brandenburg. Eventually, they distinguished themselves for their excellent teaching but now their service consists mainly of the Pastoral care of the people, home visits and their animation of the Parish Liturgy. The families of the neighbourhood feel blessed by their presence, concern, care and help with which they have for so many years been favoured.

Address

Augustinian Sisters
Servants of Jesus and Mary
St John Convent
531, East Broadway
Brandenburg, Kentucky 40108
U.S.A.

Italian Province

Ladispoli: Casa del Sorriso (Provincial House of Italy)

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Casa del Sorriso
Via Sr M Teresa Spinelli – tratto Via Milazzo, 18
00055 Ladispoli (RM)

Frosinone: Via Tiburtina

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Casa “Madonna della Neve”
Via Tiburtina, 109
03100 Frosinone

Genzano(RM): Stella Maris Convent

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Casa “Stella Maris”
Via Don Morosini, 1
00045 Genzano di Roma

Guarcino(FR): Teresa Spinelli Convent

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Casa di Preghiera “Teresa Spinelli”
Via S. Francesco d’Assisi, 20
03166 Guarcino (FR)

Ladispoli: Via Duca Degli Abruzzi

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Casa “S. Giuseppe”
Via Duca degli Abruzzi, 191
00055 Ladispoli (Roma)

Palermo: Via Pollaci

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Casa “S. Rita”
Via Giuseppe Pollaci, 46
90135 Palermo

Palermo: Porto Empedocle

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Casa della Fanciulla “S. Antonio”
Via Lincoln, 4
92014 Porto Empedocle (AG)

Rome: Piazza Mastai Ferretti

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Istituto “Teresa Spinelli”
Piazza Mastai, 16
00153 Roma

Voghera: Casa Santa Caterina

Address

Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesù e Maria
Istituto S. Caterina
Via Dal Verme, 12
27058 Voghera (PV)

Lubumbashi: Via Gambela

Address

Comunità Saint Agustin
Soeurs Augustiniennes (Lubumbashi)
c/o Procure Pères Salesiens Wespelaarsebaan 250
B3190 Boortmeerbeck
Belgique

Lubumbashi: Via Mama Yemo

Address

Comunità Sainte Monique
Soeurs Augustiniennes (Lubumbashi)
c/o Procure Pères Salesiens
Wespelaarsebaan 250
B3190 Boortmeerbeck
Belgique

Kipushi

Address

Noviziato Mère Therese Spinelli
Soeurs Augustiniennes
c/o Procure Pères Salesiens
Wespelaarsebaan 250
B3190 Boortmeerbeck
BELGIQUE

Sambwa

Address

Comunità Santa Rita
Soeurs Augustiniennes
c/o Procure Pères Salesiens
Wespelaarsebaan 250
B3190 Boortmeerbeck
BELGIQUE

Pottakuzhy

Address

Augustinian Sisters Servants of Jesus and Mary
Teresa Spinelli Convent
Pottakuzhy Crossroad
North Kaloor- Cochin 682017
Kerala, India

Thevara

Address

Augustinian Sisters Servants of Jesus and Mary
St. Rita’s Convent
Pandit Karuppan Road
Thevara, Kochi – 13
Kerala, India

Aluva

Address

Augustinian Sisters Servants of Jesus and Mary
St. St Monica’s Vidyabhavan
Mariapuram, Thaikkattukara
Aluva – 683 103
Kerala, India

Ennakkad

Address

Augustinian Sisters Servants of Jesus and Mary
“St. Augustine” Convent
Ennakkad – 689624
Mavelikara, India